- 在人数最多的Mt Waverley总校开放了教师停车场给家长，高中部还开放家长驶过校园小路接送孩子（从Lechte Rd 1号大门驶入，在Beaufort St左拐驶出）。请注意校园内限速5公里/小时；
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
Term 1 started last weekend. We have welcomed most of the old students returning to on-site learning and many new students choosing to learn Chinese at our school. The increase of student number caused some problem to on-site traffic and we are sorry for the traffic mess brought to you last weekend. In the following weeks, we would arrange more staff onsite for security concerns and rearrange some classes to ensure the high quality of class teaching.
For the onsite security issues, please be aware:
- According to the requirements of the local city council, we are not allowed to regulate the traffic outside the campus. Therefore, please follow the relevant traffic regulations and read the parking signs carefully to avoid unnecessary fines. Please respect other drivers and give way to pedestrians. There are parking spots with no time limit 50 or 100 metres away from the campus. Please do not park or block on the driveway of local residents.
- The staff parking area has been made accessible on the senior campus of Mt Waverley campus and parents are allowed to drive through the campus (enter from Gate 1 on Lechte Rd and turn left to exit Beaufort St) for dropping off and picking up. Please drive at 5km/hr when driving through the campus.
- Please arrive at the campus a bit earlier than usual to avoid peak time.
For Covid-safe concerns, please be aware:
- Staff, parents and students must stay at home and get tested if feeling unwell.
- All visitors (except for those under 12 years old) must wear face masks on campus at all times.
- Parents are expected to leave the campus as soon as possible after dropping off and picking up. Parents are not expected to stay onsite during class time.
- When visiting the office, visitors are expected to keep 1.5 metres physical distance (visitor limits apply).
- When picking up students, please stay quiet and keep 1.5 metres physical distance before the classes are over.
- Staff and students experiencing compatible symptoms on campus with coronavirus (COVID-19), such as fever, cough or sore throat, would be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision and students should be collected by a parent or carer as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your great support and trust. Health and security are our first priority and we need to work together to make sure students are safe and healthy on campus. We have survived through 2020 and I believe we could do it better in 2021.
See you this weekend.