Considering the emerging outbreak of novel coronavirus, we have postponed the commencement of school from previously scheduled 1 February to 15 February. Based on a stronger precautionary approach to managing coronavirus recommended by the Commonwealth’s Chief Medical Officer and Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, we have also made a series of measures to make sure all the community members of the school is safe and healthy as follows.
- All the staff who have been in mainland China recently (excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) or live with people who have been in mainland China recently are advised to self-isolate at home for 14 days (Replacement teachers and staff would be arranged by the school).
- All the students who have been in mainland China recently (excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) or live with people who have been in mainland China recently are advised to self-isolate at home for 14 days (Online learning resources, learning contents and homework would be provided to the students in question).
- All the staff, parents and students who have been exposed to any confirmed novel coronavirus case are advised to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
- All the staff, parents and students with temperature, coughing, sore throat and other flu-like symptoms are advised to seek medical assistance as required and remain at home until symptoms resolve (Online learning resources, learning contents and homework would be provided to the students in question).
- All the classrooms would be disinfected twice a day. There will be disinfection spray and relevant hygiene products available in each classroom. Parents are encouraged to prepare hand sanitiser and tissues in their child/ren backpack. Teachers would encourage students to sneeze and cough covered by tissues and practise good hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene. Classroom doors would be open during break times to improve indoor air circulation.
- Thermometers would be available in the Chinese office on campus. If unwell students are found, school staff would contact the guardians and emergency contactors of the students in question. Students with suspected symptoms would be reported to the DET and relevant medical sectors.
- All the staff working on campus would wear face masks and gloves.
- Culture activities would not be organised within the school until the virus is clear.
- Parents are encouraged to pay the tuition fees by credit or debit cards to reduce the contact of cash.
Parents are encouraged to contact school at 9888 1688 or [email protected] if they have any concern about the precautionary approach to managing coronavirus.
Thank you very much for your great support and hope your child/ren have a pleasant learning experience at our school.
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Beya Dental Glen Waverley 260 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley VIC 3150